20 September 2010

What Have I Achieved In Life So Far?

Today is my birthday. When I was 10, I couldn't wait to be 20, an age I assumed would grant me freedom, at least from my family. Once I reached 20, then I realized I still couldn't make all the decisions in life. My sources of income still came from my family so they still had most of the power over me. Then I looked forward to being 25. By the time I hit 25, I already had a job and my own sources of income. Still, I was struggling to keep my feet on the solid ground. Then I said to myself, may be I needed to be a 30 to get everything steadily in order in my life. Then I waited to be a 30. It's been 2 years since I hit 30, and I'm still struggling to get things in order.
I remember how the moment we finished our last paper in the SPM examination, we all went out to the soccer field and screamed 'Freedom!' at the top of the lungs and our English teacher-come-hostel warden came up to us and said "YOU WILL NEVER GET FREEDOM IN LIFE. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FREEDOM". Looking back now, he was right. There is no such thing as freedom in life. Life itself is a process of getting things in order. Life itself is a struggle. It is just the way it is. For now, I'm just trying to live it to the fullest..

10 comments:

chegu carol said...

Happy Birthday Jipp!!!

Ellen said...

Happy Birthday Jipp! I hope you have a good one, and of course, another fantastic 365 days ahead!

Pu3 said...

Happy birthday :D Wow, talk about life!
But eventhough you said there's no freedom, you seemed to have enjoyed your life travelling around ;D

aud said...

happpyy birthdayyyyy Jipp!

JIPP said...

Thank you everyone. Pu3, ya, we can call it freedom right? at least the feel of freedom is there. hehe.

Kelvin said...

Happy Birthday ^_^

Think of those ppl suffering and u will feel u have the most freedom around.

ken said...

well said..
and happy birthday! =)

fufu said...

hohoho happy birthday :) well freedom is in your hand!!! fufu can do what he wants... sure you guys could do so ya :) never give up!! all the best!!

JIPP said...

thanks everyone. Really appreciate it. Fufu, I've been following ur blog and I'm so inspired. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Rahul Patel said...

Thanks for sharing such a great article and it's helpful for everyone. Great Post!...For more details visit : pench hotels booking for the latest discounts and offers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails