22 April 2010

Lumix Workshop : Didn't Know What I Didn't Know

I was recently invited to attend a workshop at the one and only official Lumix Shop in Sabah where an officer from Panasonic itself had come all the way from KL to do a Q&A session.

I had been with my gurlget for quite awhile but I still didn't know a thing about her. I was quite sure she had been giving me a satisfaction but I knew SHE COULD DO BETTER.
Oh well, attended by some 'real' photographers, there were times when I felt like they were using some kind of alien language.
Seriously, I tried my best not to look dumb-struck.
The problem with(most of) us was, WE DON’T KNOW WHAT WE DON’T KNOW. It was such a big waste considering that the opportunity wouldn't come down to KK quite that often.
Despite the brief session, I actually got to learn a lot of things. While I was so interested in knowing how this fellow blogger of mine did with her LX3, I took the opportunity to ask. Oh well, it isn't quite THERE yet but at least I've got the leads. :-P
Something about LX3 that I really don't like is its [original] casing. It really suxx big time. It's kinda overly protective; too hardened up it feels like a piece of wood thumping on my chest when I am bringing it around my neck.
So, coming back to where I bought my LX3 this time, I was quite excited to see that Lumix had come up with a new casing accessory.
But I had almost bumped my head on the display glass when I took note of the price.. Holy shit! Can you spot it??? It's RM fuckin' 399!!!!

5 comments:

aud said...

Wah! That's bloody pricey! Can buy one simple digital camera! What is it made of; soft lambskin or something like that? Did you get it?

p.s. where is this Lumix station?

JIPP said...

yaa, so so pricey Audrey. I spent a week in KL trying to find a suitable casing for my LX3 but I couldn't find one. And when I finally found this, urghh! :-) Oh, I shud hv mentioned it. Lumix Station is on the 2nd floor of Wisma Merdeka.

**~Pu-3~** said...

Owh no. I apologize for not telling you how I did the multiexposure effect. :P
You see, you have to use flash in a fairly dark place, this way the person or item your wanted to show would give a very clear stand out! :) Give it a try, and and tell me whether it works.

kenwooi said...

399.. yeah.. costly =/

JIPP said...

Yupp. Costly it is. I was told that it might be cheaper to order it online. ;-) Pu3: Thanks for the info. Will definitley try it later. :-D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails