16 December 2009

Sidney Sheldon's Mistress of The Game - Finally in My Hands

I’ve always been into reading ever since I was a kid. I don’t mind digging some money out of my pocket every time I see a book that interests me.


I’ve bought quite a number that I’m actually running out of space in the shelves to stuff any more of them in.

Including this one here that I have been trying to finish reading for months now.

And this one for my whole life.

Of all the books that I’ve bought and read so far, there’s one book whose story is so stuck in my head so much so that there are times when I think I'm living my life based on this book. A book that would surely make it to my list every time I am asked to fill up a form which requires me to put in my favorite books.

Its Master of the Game by Mr. Sydney Sheldon. Look, it's quite tattered now from too much flipping and reading. Being so possessed by the story, I must have read it at least 10 times! No kidding.


It is a story of four generations beginning from a man named Jamie McGregor who at a very early age dared himself to leave his poverty-stricken family in Scotland in search of a better life in South Africa. His journey is chronicled in such an exciting and unpredictable way that I had a good time trying to figure out what it would be next in the story every time I turned to a new page.


The story goes on down to his next generations with the real ‘master’ being Kate Blackwell who parlayed her inheritance into one of the biggest conglomerates in the world. 

I was so in love with the story that Master of The Game was the only book that I had put my trust in by bringing it to go through the agony of flying 13 damn hours to all the way to London.


I was on a domestic Air Asia flight when I happened to read in its in-flight magazine that the sequel to the book called Mistress of The Game is NOW AVAILABLE at Malaysian book stores! My heart leapt in excitement as I never expected there was gonna be any sequel to the book especially now that Mr. Sheldon has passed away (RIP). I actually found myself running from one bookstore to another upon touching down at KKIA. And I almost got fainted in disappointment when I couldn’t find one. The lady at the Times Bookstores of which I am a member of came up with a so creative idea of ordering it from KL through them. I was guaranteed to get hold of the book in 2 MONTHS time! Unfortunately, people like me CAN'T wait that long.


Out of desperation, I sought help from my FB friends. The response was quite overwhelming, and a friend in KL who happened to come back to Sabah for Christmas holiday had been so kind to buy me a copy. Through her kindness, instead of waiting for 2 months, the book reached me in less than 2 weeks. Holla Claire!

OK guys. If you may excuse me, I wanna start with my reading now.

I need my moment.. Would you mind..? Please...?

Thank you.

14 comments:

ainee said...

..hadoi..hadoi..berlambak2 di Harris 1B..buy 2nd @50% discount lagi tu..nsb lah sa masih byk buku yg bulum dbaca kalu tia sa bli jua 2copies tu..sa tggu warehaus sale jak lah..

JIPP said...

huhu... way too late bah ko kasitau sa..

ainee said...

..keteh..

JIPP said...

penjahat.. :-P

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

JIPP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I will not agree on it. I assume precise post. Expressly the title attracted me to study the intact story.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey i am new on this forum i hope i will be able to help out and contribute here because iv learned allot myself.

Cheers

[URL=http://plasteringcoursesuk.co.uk][B]plastering courses essex[/B][/URL]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails